A kayaking trip through the St. Sebastian River takes you back in time as you paddle through “Old Florida” and under large canopy oaks. You’ll not only discover birds, alligators, manatees, turtles but also a sense of peace. Kayaking the Sebastian River Area is a great escape for those seeking relaxation while learning to appreciate Florida’s natural wonderlands.
Pro Tip: Booking your adventure online, not only saves you time and money, but also ensures that you have a watercraft with your name on it.
- Safety Vests
- Safety Instructions
WHAT TO BRING
- Bathing Suit
- Sun Protective Clothing (ie. Hats & Sun Shirts)
- Water Shoes or Waterproof Sandals
- Bug Spray (Also available for purchase on location)
Required Park Entrance Fees
$8.00 per vehicle with multiple occupants. Limit 8 people per vehicle.
$4.00 Single-occupant vehicle or motorcycle.
$2.00 Pedestrians, bicyclists, extra passengers, passengers in vehicle with holder of Annual Individual Entrance Pass.
In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must not exceed the manufacturer’s weight limit for the vessel (450 lbs. tandem kayak or 275 lbs. single kayak).
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
- Must have the ability to enter and exit the kayak independently or with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have At least one person in the kayak with the ability to move it through the water in a stable manner and return it to the launching area.
- Must have the ability to tolerate 80 degree Fahrenheit water and bright sunlight for 1.5 hours.
In the event of capsize, one:
- Must have the ability to get out from under the watercraft independently.
- Must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with the aid of a personal flotation device.